The government provides funding for primary schools to develop PE and sport provision. As a school we receive £16000 plus £10 per pupil. In the year 2017/18 we received £16,970.
The funding is used to have a direct impact on the quality of teaching and learning in PE lessons and is used for
- Membership of Harrogate Schools Sports Partnership
- Specialist coaches from Sporting Influence to provide high quality continual professional development for our teachers, after school clubs and Intra-competitions (cost
- Staff professional opportunities to team teach with PE specialists
- High quality PE resources
- Staff professional development courses
- Taster sessions from local sports clubs
Sporting Influence work alongside our staff to improve provision of PE and Sport across the whole school. Highly experienced and qualified PE staff and Sports Coaches visit our school on a weekly basis and also provide after-school clubs. For further details of this provision please visit our schools page here.
Harrogate Schools Sports Partnership
The Harrogate School Sports Partnership is a partnership of Primary & Secondary Schools across Harrogate, Knaresborough, Ripon & Nidderdale. The vision of the partnership is to create a sustainable PE, School Sport and Physical Activity system as part of the core provision for all children and young people. Their mission therefore is to positively impact on the lives of every young person attending partnership schools through the opportunities they provide. Both their vision and mission is promoted through their core School Games values of Determination, Honesty, Passion, Respect, Self-belief and Teamwork.
For more information on how HSSP supports us for our membership fee please click below:
Harrogate Schools Sports Partnership
PE Action Plan
Please click below for a copy of our 2018/19 PE development plan:
Sports Action Plan 18/19
What is the intended impact for this academic year (2018/19)?
- Teacher’s to continue to develop their PE teaching through CPD
- To give the sports crew added responsibility through running their own clubs and intra-competitions.
- To increase awareness of sports within school to parents via the sports blog and the sports board in school and to celebrate children’s out of school achievements.
- To provide more extra-curricular activities for our children
- To provide new sporting experiences for all children through the use of external clubs
- To increase activity level of all children throughout the day in line with the Government’s Child Obesity Agenda- 30 minutes per day.
How did we spend our PE Premium for the year 2016/17?
Our PE premium in 2016/17 was £8445. Please click below for a breakdown of how it was spent:
Sports Funding 2016 2017
Our children participate in swimming lessons in years 2 and 3 for 10 weeks in the summer term. During this time, the children receive high quality teaching from qualified swimming instructors in learning to swim using a range of strokes and to perform a self rescue. In the year 2018/19 100% of our year 6 cohort met the national requirements for swimming.
How do we make sure the improvements are sustainable?
- We share good practice in school between teachers, in the MAT and at PLT meetings.
- Subject leader undertakes learning walks and lesson observations to monitor the teaching of PE and the impact it is having on the children’s progress
- Regular communications with Sporting Influence and monitoring it’s impact on the children and staff ensure that CPD is given in areas which are needed with the aim that each teacher is confident in teaching all areas of the PE curriculum
- Regular discussions with children and sports crew to get their feedback
- Subject Leader attends regular PLT meetings to ensure all staff are up to date with new developments in the curriculum, safe practice and any new developments or ideas in the teaching of PE.
- Subject leader carries out a yearly audit of staff skills and equipment to know the requirements for the next academic year.
- Assess impact of pupil progress