The government provides funding for primary schools to develop PE and sport provision. As a school we receive £8000 plus £5 per pupil per year. In the year 2016/17 we received £8,445.
The funding is used to have a direct impact on the quality of teaching and learning in PE lessons and is used for
- Membership of Harrogate Schools Sports Partnership (cost £1300 in 2016/17)
- Specialist coaches from Sporting Influence to provide high quality continual professional development for our teachers, after school clubs and Intra-competitions (cost £7000 in 2016/17)
- Staff professional opportunities to team teach with PE specialists (cost £311 in 2016/17)
- High quality PE resources (cost £77.52 in 2016/17 plus 5487 sainsburys active kids vouchers used to procure resources)
- Staff professional development courses (no cost in 2016/17)
Sporting Influence work alongside our staff to improve provision of PE and Sport across the whole school. Highly experienced and qualified PE staff and Sports Coaches visit our school on a weekly basis and also provide after-school clubs. For further details of this provision please visit our schools page here.
Harrogate Schools Sports Partnership
The Harrogate School Sports Partnership is a partnership of Primary & Secondary Schools across Harrogate, Knaresborough, Ripon & Nidderdale. The vision of the partnership is to create a sustainable PE, School Sport and Physical Activity system as part of the core provision for all children and young people. Their mission therefore is to positively impact on the lives of every young person attending partnership schools through the opportunities they provide. Both their vision and mission is promoted through their core School Games values of Determination, Honesty, Passion, Respect, Self-belief and Teamwork.
For more information on how HSSP supports us for our membership fee please click below:
Harrogate Schools Sports Partnership
PE Action Plan
Please click below for a copy of our 2016/17 PE development plan:
Action plan 2016 2017
What is the intended impact for this academic year (2016/17)?
- To achieve Silver School Games Mark award.
- Teacher’s who are early on in their career or have come back from maternity leave to be more confident in teaching PE.
- To give the sports crew added responsibility through running their own clubs and intra-competitions.
- To increase use of iPads in PE lessons as a method of self assessment for the children.
- To increase awareness of sports within school to parents via the sports blog and the sports board in school and to celebrate children’s out of school achievements.
- To increase participation in extra-curricular activities.
How did we spend our PE Premium for the year 2015/16?
Our PE premium in 2015/16 was £8405. Please click below for a breakdown of how it was spent:
Sports Funding Breakdown 2015.16
How do we make sure the improvements are sustainable?
- We share good practice in school between teachers, in the Multi Academy Trust and at Sports Partnership meetings.
- Subject leader undertakes learning walks and lesson observations to monitor the teaching of PE and the impact it is having on the children’s progress
- Regular communications with Sporting Influence and monitoring it’s impact on the children and staff ensure that CPD is given in areas which are needed with the aim that each teacher is confident in teaching all areas of the PE curriculum
- Regular discussions with children and sports crew to get their feedback.
- Subject Leader attends regular Sports Partnership meetings to ensure all staff are up to date with new developments in the curriculum, safe practice and any new developments or ideas in the teaching of PE.
- Subject leader carries out a yearly audit of staff skills and equipment to know the requirements for the next academic year.